The Gabriel Talks enter their 14th year with the presentation of a Parent Education Program offered in terms 3 and 4. There is no charge to join this program, however interested participants are asked to commit to the entire course.
The program of talks offers an opportunity to explore the life of the young child, and the great joys and challenges of parenting in the context of the picture of the human being given by Rudolf Steiner. Cheryl Nekvapil will offer workshops, titled “Wholistic Family Life” based upon the Parent Training Programme developed by Kirsten Schreiber* and Christoph Meinecke**, which are inspired by Rudolf Steiner’s work, and are congruent with contemporary studies and research. Cheryl helped to bring this program to Melbourne and worked closely with the founders during its delivery in 2016.
Each session consists of social exercises and games, reflection on the experiences, information on aspects of parenting focusing on early childhood, stepping forward into parenting our children today and tomorrow. These workshops all build upon each other. A manual translated into English from the German edition will be available at a cost of $10 (to cover printing and translating).
* Social worker and manager, Partner-and family therapist, music therapist at Familienforum Havelhoehe (Berlin).
** Medical doctor for children and youth, Psychotherapist, Anthroposophical medicine (GAAED), Founder of the Familienforum Havelhoehe (Berlin), School doctor in Stuttgart and Berlin.
We will address topics including:
What does a human being need:
– the four homes
– what unsettles me, what unsettles the child, what security does my child need
– what can we do to en-joy parenting, to be less troubled; questions and reflections
How do I become human:
– the development of the child in the first three years (walking, talking, thinking) and how does this influence later life
– the development of the will and the inner disposition of the educator
– The senses: how can we care for the senses and protect them from over stimulation
– How do the senses influence our behaviour
– My own biography, the child in me, the influence this has on being a parent
Location: St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten, 435 Inkerman Street, St Kilda East, behind the church (kindergarten is off Inkerman Street, tucked away)
When: Monday evenings from 7.30-9.00 pm.
Term 3: 30 July, 6th August , 13th August, 20th August.
Term 4: 8th October, 15th October, 22nd October, 29th October
To register for these workshops please email your name and phone number to: email@example.com
Gabriel Trust contact – Tiffany : 9876 1092 or 0413 120 345 or
St Kilda Steiner Kindergarten contact – Petra: 0417 163 490