Our campus is uniquely located in the Abbotsford Convent precinct in Melbourne’s inner east. We are immediately adjacent to the Collingwood Children’s Farm and nestled in a bend of the Yarra River.
Thank you so much for agreeing to help as part of the expanded team on the Parents’ College.
Below is a set of short notes on the things you could do to prepare for your hosted session
Prior to the day
- contact the presenter for the session and see if there is any special introduction they wish you to make
- prepare and bring a small posy of flowers and/or a candle to place in the centre of the circle
On the day, before 9am,
- get keys to the Cottage from Tania or Ella at School Office.
- Open the space, move tables away and place chairs into a circle
- Place lit candle and flowers in the centre of the circle
On the day, after 9am, when you feel the time is right you can start the College Meeting. Feel free to use your own style to incorporate the following
- introductions from each person in the group – name, child/ren at the school and if they want, what they hope to gain from coming along
- reminder that we wish to create a welcoming, safe and non-judgmental space and that personal stories discussed in the session should are private and not shared outside the group
- create an awareness of the space and energy in the room together; bring attention to the breathing and stillness
At the end of the session
- please take a photo of anything on the whiteboard and the candle/flowers to use on the website.
- Please send a short summary to email@example.com of what was covered and any references to any text or poems that were referred to (see previous Parents College pages here for guidance)
Thank you again for helping in the development of the Parents’ College